The Institut’s curriculum includes general and advanced courses in French language, literature, and theater studies.
Students also attend a series of lectures given by visiting speakers and are expected to participate in supplementary discussions.
Each student must enroll in two courses, for a total of two units of academic credit. Attendance at all class meetings is required. Courses are organized so as to include student participation in classroom discussion.
The student who wishes to transfer credits should make the necessary arrangements with the appropriate officer of his/her own college or university.
- French A270 Guerre d’Algérie, Révolution algérienne – histoire et mémoires - Read more
- French A252 Race et théâtre en France - Read more
- French A 265 Introduction à la littérature et au cinéma québécois - Read more
- French A 201 Penser les objets. Grammaire avancée et introduction à l’analyse littéraire - Read more
- FREN A 208 Atelier de Théâtre - Read more
NOTE: Courses on the 300/500-level are accessible to graduate students and to selected undergraduates.
- French A374/574 Feuilletons, faits divers et grands reportages. La Littérature au prisme médiatique et sensationnaliste - Read more
- French A352/552 La Mise en scène de la Justice: Tragédie et Révolte - Read more
- A362/562 L’Algérie au miroir de la fiction (1985-2020) - Read more